Helen Holder > Kangs Solicitors > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Kangs Solicitors Offices
34 St Pauls Square
- Go to...
Criminal & Regulatory Department
Head of Crown Court Department
As the Head of the Crown Court Department at Kangs Solicitors, Helen oversees hundreds of serious criminal and regulatory cases each year.
Since qualification, Helen has specialised in defending clients charged with serious cases with particular emphasis on defending sexual allegations (including historic offences), serious crime and complex white-collar crime/fraud matters.
Helen is ranked in the Legal 500 in recognition for her work on serious criminal cases.
- “Strong expertise in fraud cases and drugs conspiracies who works heavily on Crown Court cases.” (Legal 500, 2019)
- “Noted for her work in criminal cases and in particular historic sexual abuse cases.” (Legal 500, 2017)
- “Helen Holder is bright and ruthlessly hard working” (Legal 500, 2015)
Her calm, approachable and empathetic nature assists her to gain the respect and trust of those who instruct her.
Helen has been instructed on a wide variety of cases in recent times, a sample of which include:
- Serious sexual offences
- historic allegations
- acted as the lead solicitor on the first trial in the UK relating to sexual offences committed outside of the jurisdiction.
- numerous rape and sexual assault allegations,
- sexual communication with a minor
- allegations of familial sexual offences
- Gross Negligence Manslaughter
- Prison Escape Cases
- Fire Safety Offences
- Large scale conspiracy to supply Class A and B drugs.
- Wounding & Assault Offences
- Robbery & Firearms Offences
- Causing Death by Dangerous Driving.
- Vat / MTIC Fraud
- Duty Evasion Offences
- Cheating the Public Revenue
- Mortgage Fraud
Helen qualified as a Solicitor in 2003 and has worked in the fields of criminal and regulatory defence for her entire career.
Helen joined Kangs Solicitors in 2009 and now heads the Crown Court Department.
Graduated from Wolverhampton University in 1999 with 2:1 LLB Honors degree. Completed legal Practice Course at the same venue with commendation in 2000.
Obtained Police Station accreditation in 2001.
Attending the gym, swimming, yoga and reading.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Spearheaded by Hamraj Kang (‘one of the most sought-after solicitors in the country‘), the large fraud and criminal defence team at Kangs Solicitors ‘attracts headline work due to its brilliant team of lawyers‘. The group is well-known nationally for advising Premier League football clubs and media/ sports personalities on a diverse range of criminal issues. In addition, the group has been busy advising on fraud issues emanating from the government support programmes. The ‘totally unflappable‘ John Veale continues to deal with some of the most serious and complex large scale mortgage frauds and CIS fraud cases. Helen Holder heads the Crown Court department. Timothy Thompson is also recommended.
- General crime and fraud West Midlands > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Next Generation Partners West Midlands > Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud