Simon Dimmick > Blandy & Blandy LLP > Reading, England > Lawyer Profile
Blandy & Blandy LLP Offices
ONE FRIAR STREET
- Go to...
Planning and environmental.
imon is a renowned planning law specialist and a partner in the Planning & Environmental law team at Blandy & Blandy LLP. His received the ‘Outsanding Contribution’ award at the 2018 Thames Valley Property Awards.
Involved in a number of high level strategic planning projects for the local area, Simon is renowned for his advice on planning strategy and development considerations and is active in this role for several major landowner clients. He is well known and highly regarded by local authorities, landowners and developers across the Thames Valley. He is skilled at pulling teams together on large and complex projects and at identifying issues that need to be addressed, as well as the route to address and solve difficulties associated with them.
Trained at Berkshire County Council, qualified in 1977, moved into private practice in 1988 and became a partner at Blandy & Blandy in 2002.
Basic French and Spanish
University College London, LLB, College of Law (Guildford)
Enjoys supporting the church, travel and being a school governor.
South East > Real estate > Planning
Blandy & Blandy LLP‘s planning and environmental practice has a track record of assisting clients with obtaining planning permission on particularly complex or controversial developments. Property developers, private landowners and education institutions all feature on the firm’s varied client roster. Simon Dimmick advises clients on the planning aspects of significant acquisitions and disposals. Practice head Karen Jones is a specialist in regulatory enforcement matters.
South East > Real estate > Environment
The planning & environmental group at Blandy & Blandy LLP advises on environmental impact assessments (EIAs), environmental permitting applications and the impact of Special Protections Areas (SPAs) on development proposals. In addition, the team handles waste regulation mandates, and defends prosecutions against landed estates and waste disposal companies. The ‘practical‘ Karen Jones leads the team, which includes ‘excellent communicator‘ Simon Dimmick, who is recommended for his planning expertise.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Environment
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Property litigation