Philip Hoddell > Birkett Long LLP > Colchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Birkett Long LLP Offices
1 Amphora Place
- Go to...
Divorce and family separation
PARTNER, BIRKETT LONG STRATEGY BOARD CHAIR
Philip joined the firm in 1987, becoming a Partner in 1994. He had overall responsibility for Birkett Long’s Private Client Department for 10 years and now Chairs the Strategy Board.
His professional work concentrates on all aspects of divorce and family separation, including advising in high net worth, family business and agricultural cases. Philip has been a member of the Law Society’s specialist Family Law Panel for the last 20 years.He is a trained Collaborative Lawyer.
Former President of the Suffolk and North Essex Law Society. Member of the Court of Essex University, and a former Chairman of Colchester Round Table. Currently a governor of Colchester Royal Grammar School.
Former member and ex Chairman of Colchester Round Table.
Philip graduated from Cardiff University in 1985 and from Chester Law College in 1987
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The family team at Birkett Long LLP has broad expertise in skillfully handling high-value and often complex divorce, child arrangement matters, and financial remedy proceedings. The team is led by the ‘committed and driven‘ Lisa Collins. Recent work highlights include a cross-border property development matter which was headed by Colchester-based head, Philip Hoddell, who is noted for his ‘sharp focus‘. Basildon-based Muntech Kaur is commended for her ‘fantastic advice‘. Solicitor Lucy Birch joined the team this year from Pinney Talfourd LLP.
- Family: Essex - South East > Private client
- Leading individuals - South East > Private client > Family: Essex
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Essex
- Human resources > Employment: Essex
- Private client > Family: Essex
- Public sector > Health
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Essex
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Real estate > Commercial property: Essex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Essex
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Construction
- Public sector > Education