Noel Ruddy > PDT Solicitors > Horsham, England > Lawyer Profile
PDT Solicitors Offices
36-48 QUEEN STREET
- Go to...
Corporate & Commercial
Partner, Head of Corporate & Commercial
Noel is a Partner and Head of our Corporate and Commercial Services teams and specialises in corporate finance matters advising on invoice finance and asset-based lending as well as acquisitions and disposals, refinancing and restructures.
In addition to his corporate practice, Noel is widely recognised as an expert in receivables finance and co-edits the authoritative text on the subject, Salinger on Factoring.
Noel’s approach is friendly and collaborative. He sees his job as delivering what the client wants as successfully, quickly and as efficiently as possible.
Noel takes great pride in the quality of the work undertaken at PDT. Above all else, he wants clients to enjoy the experience of working with PDT and value the contribution we make to their businesses.
Key Recent Work Highlights
- Buy-out of Autologic to Isis Equity Partners (now Livingbridge)
- Sale of Amicus Commercial Finance to Investec Bank plc
- Sale of Atlantic Foods to Flagship Food Group
- Sale of Flagship Europe Limited to OSI Group
- Investment by BGF in Anstey Horne Limited
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Horsham-based firm PDT Solicitors has a strong reputation in the domestic commercial finance market, established as a result of many years’ experience advising funders on invoice finance and smaller ABL mandates, from a new money perspective, as well as in the context of restructuring and recoveries. The experienced Noel Ruddy remains the standout partner and has an ‘excellent all-round‘ perspective of the factoring/ABL market, not only from a financing perspective but also in relation to corporate/M&A work in the space.
PDT Solicitors has extensive experience of advising media, technology and healthcare clients on M&A transactions and asset-based lending, with an increasing focus on data protection work and commercial contracts. Noel Ruddy, who leads the practice in Horsham, has particular expertise in finance matters. Ian Lindley heads the commercial team with considerable experience handling GDPR, IP and insolvency matters, while Rebecca Glazebrook is skilled in corporate finance matters.
PDT Solicitors in Horsham is well known for its strength in asset-based lending, and it has a strong profile among factors and discounters nationally. Noel Ruddy co-edited Salinger on Factoring, which is widely seen as an authoritative text on invoice finance in the UK. Dawn Shadwell, who specialises in corporate and personal insolvency, handles refinancings and restructurings for asset-based lenders. Elsewhere, the firm also acts for banks, property funds, lessors of plant and equipment, and brokers. William Angas and senior associate Ben Ashworth are other key individuals in the team.
- Leading individuals - South East > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex - South East > Corporate and commercial
- Banking and finance - South East > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Kent, Surrey, Sussex
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Kent, Surrey and Sussex
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Public sector