Jill Bainbridge > Blake Morgan LLP > Eastleigh, England > Lawyer Profile
Blake Morgan LLP Offices
NEW KINGS COURT, TOLLGATE
- Go to...
Intellectual Property and Trade Marks
Heading up the firm’s Intellectual Property group and Trade Mark prosecution team, Jill specialises in IP and IT disputes. She also heads the Commercial Litigation teams in the South and Wales.
Her experience includes contract and commercial disputes, intellectual property disputes including patent infringement, breach of copyright, design infringement, trademark and passing off matters, brand strategy advice and domain name disputes.
Jill has extensive experience of international arbitration and cross-border enforcement of intellectual property rights and domain name dispute resolution. Jill also specialises in aviation disputes.
Jill advises various clients on breach of confidence, infringement of database rights and breach of restrictive covenant issues relating to ex-employees. She secures the return of confidential information and damages.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Blake Morgan LLP serves high profile national and international clients from the retail, sports, higher education and charities sector, assisting with all issues relating to trade mark and patent enforcement prosecution and disputes. The group, led by Jill Bainbridge, has also developed expertise in complementary areas such as competition law and defamation. Ben Evans, dual qualified as a trade mark attorney and a solicitor, focuses on trade mark prosecution, while also developing particular expertise in IP as it relates to social media. In July 2020, Chris Williams departed the firm to join Clyde & Co LLP.
Blake Morgan LLP‘s media work is primarily an offshoot of its excellent IP practice, though the team also has expertise in various other matters such as defamation, publishing ethics and competition law. The group works with clients from the higher education, retail and public sectors on trade mark registration and disputes, while it has also developed a specialism in assisting academic publishers. Practice head Jill Bainbridge focuses on cross-border contentious issues, with defamation being an area of particular focus. Christopher Williams departed the firm in July 2020 to join Clyde & Co LLP.
Blake Morgan LLP‘s tech offering is truly comprehensive; the team works with tech developers looking to commercialise their products and companies from various sectors seeking to procure and intergrade IT solutions into their businesses. On the non-contentious side Elisabeth Bell and Alison Patten-Hall are the go-to names and provide expertise in complex procurement contracts and licensing agreements. Susie Dryden focuses on disputes, most notably in relation to IT contract disputes and healthcare related issues, as does Jill Bainbridge, who handles cross border IP litigation and arbitration.
Blake Morgan LLP’s Southampton commercial litigation practice represents international, national and local clients on a range of high-value disputes. Led by intellectual property specialist Jill Bainbridge, the team is particularly well-regarded for its expertise in patent infringement and other IP matters, often where there are cross-border considerations. Susie Dryden handles litigation and mediation for a number of the firm’s IT and health clients, while Richard Portlock is a key figure for litigation and arbitration in the manufacturing sector. Looking beyond its longstanding reputation in the healthcare and public sectors, the arrival of Louise Fuller from Lester Aldridge LLP strengthens the team’s offering in the high-value marine and super yacht sphere. Dan Geddes, who concentrates on restructuring and insolvency, was promoted to partner in September last year.
- Commercial litigation: Hampshire - South East > Dispute resolution
- Intellectual property - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Media and entertainment - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Real estate > Environment and planning
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Public sector > Public sector
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Family: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Thames Valley, Berks, Oxon, M4/M40
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Shipping
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Social housing