Saurabh Bhagotra > Zaiwalla & Co > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Zaiwalla & Co Offices
53-64 CHANCERY LANE
- Go to...
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Marine and International Trade
- Commercial Litigation
Saurabh is both an English qualified solicitor and Indian advocate with over eight years’ experience representing international clients in commercial disputes. His areas of expertise range from shipping disputes and commodities’ arbitration to commercial litigation.
- Representing a Dubai based media house in a LCIA governed arbitration matter against an African state broadcasting corporation for the breach of a joint venture agreement signed in respect of developing and introducing digital terrestrial television in the state.
- Acting for an Indian client in respect of two separate appeals filed against four GAFTA arbitrations awards in a total value of over US$9 million.
- Advising one of the largest domestic airlines in India in respect of an ICC arbitration commenced by the Lessee relating to the alleged breaches of the leases and subsequent settlement agreement entered into between the parties.
- Advising a U.A.E based company in recovering US$5 million which has been wrongfully withheld by a Singapore based derivatives trading firms. The funds were blocked on the basis that our client was sanctioned by the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Acted for a Respondent in this very high-value insurance and reinsurance arbitration claim brought by an insurance and reinsurance company based in Nevis, West Indies. The claim was ultimately settled in 2020 on confidential terms.
- Represented a client based in Bangladesh with regards to two London seated GAFTA arbitrations against a major Thailand based rice exporter, for wrongfully termination of the agreements.
- Advised a Singaporean company in a multi-million dollar LMAA arbitration claim, seated in London, from the liquidators of a former P&I club in respect of the alleged non-payment of the premium calls and other contributions purportedly owed to the club.
- Acted for one of India’s biggest conglomerates, who operate a diversified business in sectors such as hotel consumer goods and commodities, in a GAFTA arbitration valued at approximately US$10 million.
- Hindi (fluent)
- Punjabi (spoken only)
- Indian Bar Council
- Society of Asian Lawyers
- Indian Maritime Association, London
- Grain & Feed Trade Association, London
- B.S.L. (Symbiosis Law School, India)
- LL.B. (Symbiosis Law School, India)
- LL.M. (University of Warwick, England)