Mr Phil Parkinson > Blacks Solicitors LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Blacks Solicitors LLP Offices
29 KING STREET
- Go to...
Mr Phil Parkinson
Partner and Head of Commercial Law
Phil Parkinson joined Blacks Solicitors in 2019 as a Partner and Head of the Commercial Law team.
Phil is an expert in commercial law and specialises in advising owner-managed businesses (OMBs) and SMEs in Yorkshire.
Recent work has included advice for three separate clients on their contractual arrangements with the Government to supply PPE, negotiation of a multi million pound contract for a client with a large transport provider, advice for a well-known arts body on their contractual obligations and multiple bespoke agreements for clients to provide services, goods and transfer data.
He has also given full advice on compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to various clients, including staff training. He has a keen interest in sport and application of the law to this niche sector.
Outside of the law, Phil has a Diploma in Management and applies key concepts to his advice, including project management and change planning.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
The team at Blacks Solicitors LLP is ‘able to connect the legal position with the realities of business life.‘ Larger regional clients approach the group in connection with sales, corporate restructurings and shareholder agreements; it is particularly well-versed in the healthcare and technology sectors. Nigel Hoyle also has expertise in acting for owner-managed businesses. He leads the practice together with Phil Parkinson who focuses on commercial law and data protection. Saby Sambhi often advises holiday park clients. Lewis Goodwin is another key member of the group.
- Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire - Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire