Sally Mewies > Gowling WLG > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Gowling WLG Offices
- Go to...
Commercial IT and outsourcing.
Partner in commercial IT and outsourcing team.
Trained Beachcrofts. Qualified 1988. Made partner in present firm 2006; Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co, partner, 2014.
Manchester University LLB (Hons).
West Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms(Leading individuals)
Gowling WLG advises on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious matters, a wide client base spanning a range of sectors including aerospace and housing. The Birmingham practice, which works as part of a single unit with the firm’s London team, is led by commercial, IT and outsourcing head Sally Mewies, who has more than 20 years’ experience in technology-related contracts. Director Richard Smith left for a new role as deputy head of UK legal at National Express.
West Midlands > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
Gowling WLG has a strong reputation for working on high profile M&A and private equity deals within the region and beyond. The team focuses on sectors including real estate and the automotive industry as well as handling work for investment funds. David Vaughan leads the corporate team and is supported by Chris Towle , Ragi Singh , Andrew Lawton Smith and Jeremy Millington . The commercial side is led by Sally Mewies , whose team also includes Sarah Sasse , Stephen Kenny and principal associate Caroline McNally .
London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
Gowling WLG‘s Birmingham-based commercial, IT and outsourcing department assists its national and international client roster, which includes a combination of technology start-ups, public sector organisations and large corporates, with a range of contentious and non-contentious matters. Sally Mewies has expertise in technology-related contracts, while Patrick Arben is a name to note for disputes. Other key names include Sarah Sasse, who frequently advises public sector clients on how to structure their procurements and commercial arrangements; David Brennan, who handles corporate transactions and Jocelyn Paulley, who has particular expertise in the retail and technology sectors as well as data protection and data centre practices.
- Corporate and commercial: Birmingham - West Midlands > Corporate and commercial
- IT and telecoms - West Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - West Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Human resources > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- Human resources > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Project finance and PFI