Stephen Kenny > Gowling WLG > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Gowling WLG Offices
- Go to...
Projects partner; specialising in large, complex government projects and public private partnerships work acting for banks, the public sector and service providers; particular experience of acting on defence projects and on local authority PFI/PPP projects; particularly waste/energy from waste projects; leading on the South London Waste Partnership residual waste treatment project; advised the Ministry of Defence on its nuclear submarine programme and on ‘Project Marshall’, the military air traffic services PPP.
Articled Bettinsons; qualified 1986; partner Wragge & Co 1998; Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co, partner, 2014; seconded to the Defence Procurement Agency as a banking adviser 1998.
Richmond High School, Halesowen; Leicester University (LLB 2(1)).
Walking, music, family.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
The projects and infrastructure team at Gowling WLG has a very strong reputation for advising UK government related entities and non-departmental bodies on some of their most complex PPP work, as well as other big-ticket infrastructure schemes. Their client list includes groups like National Highways and the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority group. The team also advises on international matters covering Africa and the Middle East. Stephen Kenny is the national head of the practice, specialising in complex UK government projects involving significant infrastructure or assets. Andrew Newberry typically leads the project finance work stream, while newly-promoted partner Elizabeth Williams specialises in defence and security work. Dominic Richardson and principal associate James Stanier are also highly recommended.
The projects and infrastructure team at Gowling WLG acts for multinational corporate and government clients in domestic and international markets on PPPs and big-ticket infrastructure projects. Stephen Kenny co-heads the team and is recommended for PFI work, project refinancings, secondary market transactions and handback issues. Andrew Newbery, who jointly leads the team, also handles PFI matters and acts for a range of government clients. Birmingham-based Elizabeth Williams focuses on defence and security matters projects and has particular experience in procurement.
- Energy, project finance and PFI - West Midlands > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Hall of Fame - West Midlands > Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Birmingham
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Pensions
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation