Rebecca Stevens > Royds Withy King > Bath, England > Lawyer Profile
Royds Withy King Offices
5-6 NORTHUMBERLAND BUILDINGS
- Go to...
Rebecca is renowned for her endless energy, drive and enthusiasm in dealing with her clients. She has gained her higher rights of audience which means she is able to conduct her own advocacy in the High Court.
Rebecca was named one of the Hot 100 Lawyers in 2015 by industry magazine The Lawyer. She was the only associate to feature on this prestigious list. She was also praised by President of the Family Division of the High Court of England and Wales, Sir James Munby for her work in relation to a custody case against the state.
She is a regular contributor to local and legal press and has been published in Family Law Week and was one of a select group of family law thought leaders chosen by the NSPCC to participate in discussions regarding the Government’s proposed changes to family law.
In November 2017, Rebecca was invited to a panel discussion with other legal professionals to discuss contentious issues surrounding Pro Bono legal work in light of declines in legal aid budgets. The discussion explored identifying the scale of the need for pro bono and its effectiveness, leading to the conclusion that the scope of funding for legal aid “needs to be vastly expanded.”
Originally from Lancashire, Rebecca manages to combine a busy career with married life as a working mother. Her life experience enables her to approach family disputes in a practical way so that clients achieve the best results quickly and cost effectively.
Law Society – Children’s Panel
South West > Private client > FamilyWithin: Next Generation Partners -
Royds Withy King focuses on public children work. The firm assists guardians with the representation of children in care proceedings and handles cases of injuries and legal argument, as well as issues such as adoption and grandparents’ rights matters. Cross-border divorce, wealth protection and the negotiation of nuptial agreements constitute other areas of expertise. Key lawyers include accredited Resolution specialists Sharon MacDonald and Jon Toogood, while Rebecca Stevens deals with family disputes including child protection issues and residence disputes. Will MacFarlane joined as partner from Withers in February 2018.
- Family - South West > Private client
- Next Generation Partners - South West > Private client > Family
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Human resources > Employment: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property