Andrew Ash > Royds Withy King > Bath, England > Lawyer Profile
Royds Withy King Offices
5-6 NORTHUMBERLAND BUILDINGS
- Go to...
Construction & Engineering
Andrew heads up our Construction and Engineering team. Andrew’s expertise is in contentious construction and engineering matters. He handles large, high profile cases for a wide variety of international and domestic clients, including utility companies, commercial and residential developers, contractors and specialist sub-contractors, including those working in the rail, energy, renewables as well as the offshore construction industries.
Andrew regularly presents seminars on construction related legal issues to clients in-house and to external bodies such as the RICS.
He trained and qualified with Neil F Jones & Co in 1995 and joined us from Osborne Clarke LLP where he was an Associate Director for 14 years.
- Society of Construction Law
- Adjudication Society
- Technology and Construction Court’s Solicitors Association
Andrew graduated from Bristol University and completed his post graduate studies at Birmingham University.
South West > Real estate > Construction
Royds Withy King’s construction and engineering team attracts a varied portfolio of construction work from national and regional clients in sectors such as education, energy, infrastructure, technology and leisure. The team’s client base includes commercial and residential developers, utility companies, contractors and specialist sub-contractors. Practice head Andrew Ash specialises in construction dispute resolution. In 2018, the team expanded its offering on the non-contentious side through the appointment of Catherine Welch, who joined from Ashfords LLP. Welch has experience of drafting and negotiating construction contracts, as well as advising clients on procurement strategies for renewable energy and residential development projects. Managing partner Graham Street is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Human resources > Employment: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property