Catherine Welch > Royds Withy King > Bath, England > Lawyer Profile
Royds Withy King Offices
5-6 NORTHUMBERLAND BUILDINGS
- Go to...
Construction & Engineering
Catherine joined Royds Withy King’s Construction & Engineering team in Bath from Ashfords in 2018.
Catherine has extensive experience in drafting and negotiating construction documents and advising different project stakeholders on procurement strategies for all types of commercial, large-scale residential and renewable energy development projects, where she has worked with a number of leading contractors, investors and developers.
Catherine’s experience includes:
drafting and negotiating construction documents
advising on NEC contracts
acting for project stakeholders on procurement strategies for all types of commercial, large-scale residential and renewable energy development projects
advising employers, funders, developers, consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors on all forms of construction and engineering contracts.
playing a key role in advising members of EDF Energy’s Hinkley Point C supply chain, including on procurement using NEC contract forms
being previously seconded to the in-house legal team of a major international energy and oil company
advising on various forms of industry contracts, such as NEC, JCT, ICHEME and FIDIC
acting for national retailers in connection with construction contracts for the fit-out of high-end retail units
advising on the forward funding and construction of various mixed use commercial
developments and associated infrastructure for public sector investors
advising on construction security, including bonds, guarantees and latent defects insurance
regularly running industry-based training seminars, for example, covering the NEC4 suite of contracts.
South West > Real estate > Construction
Royds Withy King’s construction and engineering team attracts a varied portfolio of construction work from national and regional clients in sectors such as education, energy, infrastructure, technology and leisure. The team’s client base includes commercial and residential developers, utility companies, contractors and specialist sub-contractors. Practice head Andrew Ash specialises in construction dispute resolution. In 2018, the team expanded its offering on the non-contentious side through the appointment of Catherine Welch, who joined from Ashfords LLP. Welch has experience of drafting and negotiating construction contracts, as well as advising clients on procurement strategies for renewable energy and residential development projects. Managing partner Graham Street is also recommended.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Human resources > Employment: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property