Sharon MacDonald > Royds Withy King > Bath, England > Lawyer Profile
Royds Withy King Offices
5-6 NORTHUMBERLAND BUILDINGS
- Go to...
As a partner and a well established member of the Family team, Sharon takes pride in being at the forefront of family law and was one of the founding members of the Bath branch of Resolution, a professional organisation that encourages family law practitioners to adopt an approach that is sensitive, constructive and non-confrontational. Being a qualified Mediator and Collaborative practitioner, Sharon is an advocate of the new mediation legislation and sees the positive results first hand. Sharon is also a member of the firm’s multi-disciplinary Racing and Bloodstock team.
Sharon specialises in:
- advising on all aspects of divorce and separation including civil partnership
- complex financial resolution of financial matters for divorcing or separating couples
- cohabitation and pre-nuptial agreements
- cohabitation disputes
- divorce issues relating to the racing sector, especially jockeys.
Trained Withy King; qualified 1992; partner 2006.
Resolution (also accredited specialist with particular specialism in advanced financial provision and advocacy financial provision); Children Panel member; qualified collaborative practitioner; accredited mediator with Family Mediators Association; qualified mediator with Resolution.
South West > Private client > Family
Royds Withy King focuses on public children work. The firm assists guardians with the representation of children in care proceedings and handles cases of injuries and legal argument, as well as issues such as adoption and grandparents’ rights matters. Cross-border divorce, wealth protection and the negotiation of nuptial agreements constitute other areas of expertise. Key lawyers include accredited Resolution specialists Sharon MacDonald and Jon Toogood, while Rebecca Stevens deals with family disputes including child protection issues and residence disputes. Will MacFarlane joined as partner from Withers in February 2018.
South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
Royds Withy King is primarily active in the horse racing industry, where it acts for jockeys, owners and trainers. James McNeile and Sharon MacDonald, who are both based in Bath, provide legal advice on regulations, transactions and negligence claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Human resources > Employment: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property