Will MacFarlane > Royds Withy King > Bath, England > Lawyer Profile
Royds Withy King Offices
5-6 NORTHUMBERLAND BUILDINGS
- Go to...
Will joined Royds Withy King in 2018 and works between the Bath and London offices.
Will specialises in complex financial settlements on family breakdown, acting for clients with significant assets including businesses, offshore trusts, investments, properties and pensions located in the UK and abroad.
Will’s specialisms include:
- complex financial settlements on divorce
- drafting and advising on international and domestic prenuptial, postnuptial and cohabitation agreements
- international cases involving offshore companies and trusts and competing proceedings in separate jurisdictions
- disputes over child arrangements
- financial claims on behalf of unmarried parents under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989
- acting for parents wishing to relocate abroad with their children.
Will’s recent work has included advising high net worth foreign nationals living in the UK on wealth protection issues. He has worked closely with family lawyers (usually IAFL Fellows) in other jurisdictions including Germany, France, Russia, Brazil, Italy and various US states when advising on international prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Will’s previous clients have included premiership footballers, investment bankers, surgeons, entrepreneurs, accountants, lawyers, landowners and those wishing to protect significant inherited wealth.
Will joined Royds Withy King from Withers LLP as partner in 2018. After studying at the University of St Andrews and at BPP Law School in London, Will trained and qualified at Burges Salmon in Bristol before moving to London to join Withers LLP in 2010.
Will is a committed member of Resolution and where possible, he favours alternative forms of dispute resolution including mediation and arbitration.
South West > Private client > Family
Royds Withy King focuses on public children work. The firm assists guardians with the representation of children in care proceedings and handles cases of injuries and legal argument, as well as issues such as adoption and grandparents’ rights matters. Cross-border divorce, wealth protection and the negotiation of nuptial agreements constitute other areas of expertise. Key lawyers include accredited Resolution specialists Sharon MacDonald and Jon Toogood, while Rebecca Stevens deals with family disputes including child protection issues and residence disputes. Will MacFarlane joined as partner from Withers in February 2018.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Human resources > Employment: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Real estate > Commercial property: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: M4 Corridor and Gloucestershire
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property