Henry Stuart > Withers LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Withers LLP Offices
20 Old Bailey
- Go to...
Head of residential property team dealing with high-value residential transactions of London and rural property. Recent transactions for both national and international clients. The team acts on purchasing some of the most valuable residential property in England, particularly in prime Central London. The residential property team at Withers provides a personal and confidential service and works closely with wealth planning lawyers to create tax-efficient holding structures for property in the UK and worldwide.
Articled May, May and Merrimans; qualified 1984; Jaques & Lewis 1986-87; Withers 1987; partner 1992. Publications include ‘EFP’ vols 36 and 37, and ‘Kelly’s Draftsman’ (advising editor).
United Kingdom Environmental Law Association; Agricultural Law Association
City of London School; Nottingham University.
Cycling, tennis, squash, member of Solicitors’ Wine Society.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Withers LLP’s varied portfolio of work includes transactions involving prime central London properties, flats, farms and country houses. Its team frequently handles matters involving non UK-domiciled parties; recent mandates involved parties from territories such as the British Virgin Islands, China and India. Henry Stuart, who leads the team, is notably skilled in tax structuring, as well as offshore structures. Bertie Hoskyns-Abrahall is experienced in advising clients on the acquisition of estates, farms and country houses, either as first-time buyers or as part of a portfolio. Nicholas Vaughan, who is a fluent Italian speaker, is also highly recommended.
- Leading individuals - London > Real estate > Residential property
- Residential property - London > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Employment > Senior executives
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Employment > Employers
- Employment > Immigration