Stephen Ross > Withers LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Withers LLP Offices
20 Old Bailey
- Go to...
Stephen heads the global fraud team and is described as ‘imaginative and you can always rely on him to go the extra mile’. His practice focusses on international asset freezing and recovery cases, heavyweight commercial litigation and regulatory disputes. Stephen is particularly adept at drawing on the firm’s tax expertise in such cases to obtain a strategic advantage.
Stephen often acts for family offices, successful families, entrepreneurs and their businesses on a broad range of commercial disputes and heads up our family office group, which is an innovative approach to finding positive solutions for family business conflicts. He has a particular focus at present on fraud disputes emanating out of large scale insolvencies as well as cryptocurrency and block chain related disputes.
Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association
Withers LLP enjoys a track record in a wide array of cases, from those involving cross-border, financial services and trust structure elements, through to its distinct expertise cases relating to art and cultural asset fraud. Stephen Ross, an expert in international asset freezing and recovery matters, leads the practice, often working in close tandem with colleagues in Milan, the US, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Withers LLP‘s commercial litigation practice covers asset recovery and enforcement work, contract and company disputes, financial services claims, fraud, and white-collar defence and investigations. The team also acts in professional negligence, insurance, and restructuring and insolvency-related litigation. Global dispute resolution CEO Peter Wood ‘always attracts the big cases and the big clients‘; Roberto Moruzzi is a renowned international commercial litigator; and Tatiana Menshenina is experienced in disputes involving Russia, Ukraine and the CIS. Also key to the practice, Andrew Wass acts in financial mis-selling claims; and civil fraud head Stephen Ross is ‘great with clients‘; Eleni Polycarpou co- heads the firm’s international arbitration group; Lesley Timms is ‘an excellent lawyer‘; and Sinead Harris is a specialist in disputes involving contentious insolvency, fraud, asset recovery, and enforcement issues. Financial services disputes partner Henry Farris joined from Mishcon de Reya LLP in March 2023.
- Commercial litigation: mid-market London > Dispute resolution
- Fraud: civil London > Crime, fraud and licensing
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Private client > Family
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Employment > Senior executives
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Employment > Employers
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)