Marcus Rowland > Wiggin LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wiggin LLP Offices
9TH FLOOR, MET BUILDING
22 PERCY STREET
- Go to...
Marcus is a partner and head of the Employment group. He provides employment law and HR strategy advice to an impressive range of media and technology businesses including several household name broadcasters, TV and film production companies, TV channels, publishers, digital media, music and online gaming companies. He has particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of contracts for senior executives, talent, production crew and other staff engaged by media companies along with the specific tax rules applicable to the engagement of freelancers in the TV and film industry. Whilst Marcus advises on the full range of employment law matters, he has a particular focus on dispute resolution, employment tribunal litigation, the enforcement of post-termination restrictions and advising on the employment law issues arising out of business transfers, corporate restructurings and redundancy exercises. In addition to advising employers, he regularly represents senior executives in relation to contract and severance negotiations.
Trained Osborne Clarke; qualified 1995; assistant solicitor Osborne Clarke 1995; associate Baker & McKenzie 1997; associate Kemp Little LLP 2000; partner 2001; partner Veale Wasbrough Lawyers 2004; partner Wiggin LLP 2008.
Employment Lawyers Association.
Sherborne School, Dorset; Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge (1991 BA law).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market