Paul Gardner > Wiggin LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wiggin LLP Offices
9TH FLOOR, MET BUILDING
22 PERCY STREET
- Go to...
Paul is a partner who specialises in commercial transactions and regulatory issues relating to the cross-over of technology and entertainment, with a particular focus on the computer games industry.
He has extensive experience of the contractual and copyright issues relating to content licensing and distribution through new media platforms and applications, including digital distribution, streaming and web-based services.
Paul also advises on the regulatory issues relating to the creation and exploitation of digital entertainment products and services including age ratings, broadcast and telecom regulations, collecting society issues, data privacy, virtual currencies, e-commerce and betting and gaming regulations.
He advises a number of leading computer games publishers, studios and other organisations in the computer games industry.
Prior to joining Wiggin, Paul was a partner at Osborne Clarke.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The team at Wiggin LLP ‘set the gold standard when it comes to media law’. Charles Moore and David Quli head up the film & television division, Paul Gardner the interactive entertainment team, Rachel Alexander and Alexander Ross jointly lead on music, and Ross together with Adrian Jones and Caroline Kean additionally co-heads the publishing department. For their extensive expertise pertaining to the television sector and large Hollywood productions respectively, Neil Gillard , Medwyn Jones , and Chris Hanson come recommended. Sarah MacDonald leads the firm’s advertising, marketing and sponsorship team and is a specialist on regulatory issues. Additionally noteworthy is Sean James ‘ practice focused on content exploitation via media platforms and Daniel Whybrew is another key name in film financing.
- Leading individuals - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Media and entertainment (including media finance) - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market