Paul Gardner > Wiggin LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wiggin LLP Offices
9TH FLOOR, MET BUILDING
22 PERCY STREET
- Go to...
Paul is a partner who specialises in commercial transactions and regulatory issues relating to the cross-over of technology and entertainment, with a particular focus on the computer games industry.
He has extensive experience of the contractual and copyright issues relating to content licensing and distribution through new media platforms and applications, including digital distribution, streaming and web-based services.
Paul also advises on the regulatory issues relating to the creation and exploitation of digital entertainment products and services including age ratings, broadcast and telecom regulations, collecting society issues, data privacy, virtual currencies, e-commerce and betting and gaming regulations.
He advises a number of leading computer games publishers, studios and other organisations in the computer games industry.
Prior to joining Wiggin, Paul was a partner at Osborne Clarke.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Wiggin LLP is praised by clients for its ‘incomparable industry expertise’ and ‘excellent commerciality and market knowledge’ across the media and entertainment arena. In the film and TV space, Charles Moore and Medwyn Jones advise clients on all aspects of development, finance and distribution, while David Quli, Neil Gillard and Chris Hanson handle media finance matters. Michael Brader focuses on corporate transactions in the independent television production sector, while Daniel Whybrew acts for financiers, producers and distributors on the financing of TV and film projects. ‘Grand seigneur of games law’ Paul Gardner leads the computer games sector group, which includes Jas Purewal, who joined from Purewal & Partners. In the music space, Rachel Alexander specialises in high profile IP cases and online enforcement matters. Caroline Kean, who leads the defamation and litigation practices, is noted for her expertise in the publishing sector. She works with Matthew Dando and Julian Darrall. Sean James leads the content distribution and transmission team. Sarah MacDonald heads up the advertising, marketing and sponsorship group.
- Leading individuals - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- Media and entertainment (including media finance) - London > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: patents (contentious and non-contentious)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Risk advisory > Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market