Luiz Costa > Fletcher Day > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Fletcher Day Offices
110 Cannon St
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution & Sport
Luiz is an experienced international lawyer focusing on multi-jurisdictional disputes. He acts for a broad range of clients from start-up companies to multinational enterprises and banks and advises on all aspects of dispute resolution
Luiz is also a Brazilian qualified solicitor. His work includes matters relating to Brazil-UK trade relations (where he is regularly instructed to advise on international and comparative law to businesses in these jurisdictions) and Sports. Luiz is a member of the international relations committee of the Brazilian bar association (São Paulo section).
Areas of Expertise:
- Commercial disputes
- Cross-border disputes
- General civil litigation
- High-value personal injury
- Brazilian law
- Advising on international law to an American company with claims in Egypt, Germany, USA and Italy in relation to a contractual dispute of over USD 17m.
- Successfully claiming over USD 2.3m for an American company against a UK-based importer of agribusiness products.
- Advising Brazil international football players in the Premier League and in the Brazilian Serie A (“Brasileirâo”).
- Advising one of the armed forces of Brazil in their English law requirements in the UK.
- Successfully assisting a Brazilian foundation (creditor) to recover funds in insolvency proceedings in the England & Wales.
- Assisting with the establishment of business operations in Brazil for the export of UK-manufactured security equipment.
- Acting as Brazilian law expert in UK court proceedings in contractual disputes.
- Assisting clients in the sale and purchase of properties in Brazil and structuring deals.
- Representing UK investors via the Brazilian courts in a real estate deal.
- Advising clients on Brazilian law in multi-jurisdictional family matters.
- Acting for clients in professional negligence cases against solicitors, surveyors and financial advisors.
- Acting in the enforcement of foreign judgments in the UK.
- Advising the set-up of operations in Brazil for a famous UK recruitment company.
Luiz is recommended by The Legal 500 as a Dispute Resolution Solicitor.
- Luiz is a regular contributor to the Brazilian Sport Law discussion platform Lei Em Campo