Anna Naylor > Weightmans > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
- Go to...
Anna is a regulatory defence lawyer specialising in advising organisations on health and safety, food safety, trading standards and environmental law. She assists clients who are being investigated by the Health and Safety Executive, Local Authorities, Environment Agency and Police following serious incidents.
She represents companies in enforcement notice appeals, fee for intervention disputes, environmental permitting issues and prosecutions of companies and individuals for a range of regulatory offences. Anna also provides advice and support for directors and senior managers on regulatory compliance.
Anna assists clients in getting to grips with forthcoming changes to legislation and provides training on a wide variety of health and safety, food safety and environmental topics.
Anna undertakes advocacy on behalf of defendants charged with regulatory offences in the criminal courts and a large part of her practice involves acting for Interested Persons at Inquests. Her inquest experience spans workplace fatalities, prison deaths, motor incidents and healthcare matters.
She is described by the directories as having great experience and being tireless in her determination to achieve results for her clients. Anna is also recognised by Legal 500 for being ‘patient, industrious and very hard working’.
Anna qualified as a lawyer in 2003 and joined the regulatory team at Weightmans in 2019.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Weightmans is ‘committed to really excellent client care’, providing a full service to a range of clients that includes public sector bodies, local authorities and blue chip corporates. Practice head David Lewis splits his time between Leeds and Liverpool and is a ‘stand out member’ who advises in corporate and gross negligence manslaughter investigations as well as sensitive jury inquests. Principal associate Anna Naylor is noted for her expertise in food safety matters.
- Rising stars - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment > Health and safety
- Health and safety - Yorkshire and the Humber > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence; defendant
- Real estate > Planning
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Private client > Family: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire