Sarah Walton > Weightmans LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Weightmans LLP Offices
PALL MALL COURT
61-67 KING STREET
- Go to...
Weightmans LLP handles M&A, corporate governance, funding, general company law advice and commercial affairs for public and private companies. Other areas of practice include succession planning, joint ventures, shareholder reorganisations and venture capital, private equity transactions and GDPR compliance. Clients sectors include built environment, financial services, retail, utilities, transport, logistics, leisure, manufacturing, professional services and insurance. Manchester-based Sarah Walton heads the team. Laurence Pritchard and John Schorah are also recommended.
Weightmans LLP focuses on M&A work for owner managed businesses. Client sectors include IT, digital and creative, public sector, higher education and healthcare. Sarah Walton heads the team and specialises in M&A, private equity, investments, joint ventures and strategic projects. Other areas of expertise for the team include corporate finance, fundraisings, governance, demergers and disposals. The firm also deals with contractual and corporate structures, procurement and IP, including university spin-outs.
Weightmans LLP is well known for advising clients in the public and private sectors on a number of areas, including intellectual property, IT, data protection, competition law and procurement. Victoria Robertson, who has experience in commercial, intellectual property and data protection matters, leads the practice with tech and healthcare expert Sarah Walton. Their team was strengthened in 2018 by the arrivals of infrastructure projects specialist Stephen Johns from DLA Piper and experienced commercial lawyer Tracy Lake from the National Grid.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
Weightmans frequently acts for owner-managed businesses, public sector clients, charities and social enterprise organisations, and has particular expertise in the transport, financial services, manufacturing, and software and digital media sectors. The Leeds-based team includes Stephen Johns, who joined from DLA Piper UK LLP and specialises in infrastructure sector deals; and recently promoted partner Victoria Robertson. Manchester-based Sarah Walton leads the national practice.
- Corporate and commercial: Liverpool - North West > Corporate and commercial
- Corporate and commercial: Manchester - North West > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Human resources > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction