Emlyn Williams > Weightmans LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Weightmans LLP Offices
100 OLD HALL STREET
- Go to...
Emlyn Williams is a partner and employment lawyer specialising in healthcare.
Emlyn is a well-respected advocate in both the Employment Tribunal and the Employment Appeals Tribunal. He specialises in all aspects of employment law, with particular interests in whistleblowing, discrimination, MHPS and TUPE.
Emlyn has a significant reputation in the healthcare sector and heads up our healthcare employment team nationally. His clients also include other public sector bodies, charities and private businesses.
Emlyn also has a strong track-record in delivering innovative training programmes and regularly undertakes bespoke in-house training for various bodies including multi-national companies, the NHS, ACAS, CIPD and other professional groups.
From December 2014 to December 2015 Emlyn was President of Liverpool Law Society.
He is also a non-executive Director of Liverpool-based art gallery and charity, FACT.
Weightmans LLP is noted for representing clients before the Supreme Court, Employment Tribunal, and Employment Appeal Tribunal, often regarding complex discrimination claims. The team also advises on redundancies and restructurings, TUPE transfers, and employment aspects transactions. Emlyn Williams is highly regarded for his work on whistleblowing and discrimination matters. Lee Rogers and Jon Gregson were both promoted to partner in May 2021, with Rogers specialising in large-scale restructurings and industrial relations, while Gregson is highly experienced in complex Employment Tribunal litigation. Sophie Fulwell made principal associate in August 2021.
Praised as ‘strong across the board’, the practice at Weightmans LLP is able to provide full support to health bodies, from employment disputes to judicial reviews. The team is noted for its support of clients on complex strategic issues as well as a number of high-profile inquiries. Richard Jolly leads the national health work, and acts for NHS trusts in particular. Dewi Ap-Thomas oversees the regulatory team while Emlyn Williams focuses on employment issues for health clients.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction