Andrew Cox > Weightmans LLP > Liverpool, England > Lawyer Profile
Weightmans LLP Offices
100 OLD HALL STREET
- Go to...
Head of Service Delivery, Litigation Department. Types of work include contractual disputes, financial sector litigation, property litigation, and general commercial litigation.
Trained Weightmans; qualified 1991; Partner 1997. Previously, national Head of Commercial Dispute Resolution and deputy Director for Commercial Business Line. Training Principal 2007-2013 and 2019 to date.
Formerly national committee member of FOIL.
Sedbergh School; University of Durham (1988 BA Hons); College of Law (1989 CPE).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Weightmans LLP handles debt recovery matters for clients across a range of industries, including utilities, local government and other public sectors. Practice head Andrew Cox is renowned for providing solution-based and technology-led advice acts for clients in banking, utilities and transport. Co-head and consultant Mark Burch has particular expertise in dealing with complex defended actions and the use of insolvency procedures to assist in the collection of debt.
With ‘a refreshing willingness to collaborate’, Weightmans’ Newcastle practice sits as part of the firm’s wider litigation North team, which acts for national and global corporations in data theft and fraud issues, boardroom disputes, contract litigation and claims in the energy and TMT sectors. Andrew Cox leads the group from the firm’s Birmingham office; key names on the ground in Newcastle include regional office head and fraud specialist Christopher Graham, principal associate Jill Dalkin and Anthony Rance, who splits his time between Newcastle and Leeds.
- Debt recovery - North West > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - North West > Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Liverpool
- Real estate > Commercial property: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Social housing
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Liverpool
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Real estate > Construction