Charles Hicks > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Partner specialising in trusts, probate, wills, capital taxation and wealth management for high-net-worth individuals for the past 40 years. He has assisted numerous families to resolve family disputes relating to trust, probate and inheritance matters, usually managing to engineer a satisfactory conclusion by agreement without expensive and protracted litigation.
In the 90s he focused on the problems of Lloyd’s membership, particularly at the individual level, advising in excess of 1,000 clients over time and at action group level. He is now the firm’s COLP and COFA and focuses primarily on compliance and risk management matters.
Charles qualified at Wedlake Bell, became a Partner in 1975 and has been Head of the Private Client Team.
He is a member of STEP, the Law Society’s Private Client Section the Country Land Owners Association, Historic Houses Association and the Land Trusts Association.
Marlborough College; Clare College, Cambridge (1967 MA).
Messing about in boats, shooting.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets - low-mid cap
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Senior executives
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance