Martin Ackland > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Martin’s experience covers offices, shops and industrial buildings, the retail and leisure sectors, hotels and catering, care homes and pharmaceutical buildings. He deals with a wide variety of transactional and management work, development projects, the property aspects of corporate acquisitions and fund raising.
His clients include institutions with a traditional attitude to business and entrepreneurs who are uninhibited by convention. Martin represents investors, managers, traders, developers and occupiers and a number of overseas investors and professional clients. His current focus is with the development of care homes and institutional investors in the real estate market.
Martin graduated in law from Wadham College Oxford in 1975 and, after teaching in Italy, qualified as a Solicitor in 1979. Martin was previously a partner at Fasken Martineau and Cumberland Ellis. He joined Wedlake Bell from Cumberland Ellis in April 2012 when the firms merged.
Slough Grammar School; Wadham College, Oxford (1975 BA (Hons)).
Piano, tennis, family.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets - low-mid cap
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Senior executives
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance