Louise Gowman > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Projects and infrastructure.
Partner specialising in the consenting, development and financing of infrastructure projects. A real estate lawyer by background, she has particularly focused on the ports industry for over 20 years, and during that time has advised ports on projects, financings, development control, marine licensing, statutory orders and public inquiries, harbour regulation, commercial agreements and the management of port estates. Her infrastructure focus also includes renewables projects, from wind farm developments to energy from waste facilities. Her clients typically come from the entrepreneurial/family business sector and look to Louise for advice across a wide range of issues facing them.
Louise joined Wedlake Bell in 2014. With a law degree from Downing College, Cambridge, she trained and qualified at Stephenson Harwood in 1991. In 1997, she established the real estate practice in the firm later known as Landwell, alongside Coopers & Lybrand/PwC and in 2000 was a founder partner of Tite & Lewis, working alongside Ernst & Young, where she was also responsible for the real estate practice. Louise joined Lawrence Graham on its merger with Tite & Lewis in 2004 where she focused her efforts on her infrastructure projects practice.
Founder member of UK Port Advisers, specialist port consultants and advisers focused on the port industry in the UK and worldwide and comprising operations, business, finance, environmental, public affairs and legal specialists, which delivers a wide range of services to ports and their investors, as well as government and port users.
Downing College, Cambridge (1988 BA (Law) Class 1).
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets - low-mid cap
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Senior executives
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance