Helen Garthwaite > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Partner specialising in construction advice and documentation for a wide range of construction and engineering schemes from project inception and feasibility through to completion. Her clients include corporations and institutions, owning, financing, investing in and procuring development and infrastructure projects. Recognised as a leader in her field of construction law for over 15 years, she also has leading expertise in sustainable construction having led the acclaimed industry reports Hitting the Green Wall (2009) and Behind the Green Façade (2010).
Helen qualified as a solicitor in 1992 and became a partner in 1996. Prior to joining Wedlake Bell as a Partner in April 2014, Helen was a Partner at Taylor Wessing. She regularly writes for and is asked for comment by the industry press on construction and sustainable development issues.
Board of Management of the British Council of Offices; member of the working party of the Better Buildings Partnership on energy performance contracting; member (and past council member) of the Society of Construction Law and of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
King’s College, London (Master of Science in Construction Law and Arbitration).
Wedlake Bell LLP‘s practice covers the healthcare, care homes, infrastructure and residential development sectors, advising contractors, developers and landowners. The team is led by Suzanne Reeves who acts for project sponsors, consultants and specialists contractors, and has been advising Spire Healthcare on various new developments worth £50m. Other key names in he team include Helen Garthwaite and Sarah Elliott, who advised the Bank of Ireland on all aspects of a mixed-use scheme worth £100m.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Family
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets – small-mid cap
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Real estate > Contruction: non-contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Human resources > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Real estate > Property finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Employment: employers