Clive Weber > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Clive is a Partner advising on all aspects of UK pensions law drawing on over 35 years’ experience as a pensions’ lawyer. He acts for employers, trustees and members, including on restructuring of schemes, contingent asset arrangements (including for PPF purposes), dealing with the Pensions Regulator and the Pension Protection Fund, and with member complaints at scheme and Pensions Ombudsman levels, advising on pension aspects of corporate transactions and on legal aspects of trustees’ investment duties and powers. He also advises on pension death benefits and inter-generational wealth transfers in conjunction with our Private Client team..
Clive founded the Wedlake Bell pension practice in 1978 and became a Partner in Wedlake Bell in 1985. He is one of the longest serving Wedlake Bell Partners and maintains a keen interest in the delivery of cost effective quality legal services.
Clive is a member of the Association of Pension Lawyers and sits on their Legislative and Parliamentary Committee. The Committee liaise with Government on pension legislation, meets with Government and pension authorities and comments on proposed new legislation.
Wedlake Bell LLP advises on pensions strategy, liability management, corporate transactions, trusteeship and governance issues. Led by cross-border specialist Justin McGilloway, the team also assists clients with matters such as closing schemes to future accrual and winding-up. The ‘lively minded’ Alison Hills handles everything from self-administered schemes to multi-employer variants and regularly works with clients in the manufacturing, leisure and tourism sectors. ‘Enduring practitioner‘ Clive Weber draws on his significant experience to effectively advise a range of trustees, employers and individuals.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets - low-mid cap
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Senior executives
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance