Martin Arnold > Wedlake Bell LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Wedlake Bell LLP Offices
71 QUEEN VICTORIA STREET
- Go to...
Partner specialising in all aspects of corporate insolvency, both contentious and non-contentious. He acts for liquidators, administrators and receivers, banks and asset-based lenders, as well as advising companies on appropriate insolvency processes. Recent projects have involved advising on claims against directors and shadow directors and defending claims brought against directors, including Company Directors Disqualification Act proceedings; making claims in relation to all types of antecedent transactions; dealing with appointments of administrators, administrative receivers and liquidators in relation to a variety of insolvent organisations; and acting on the sale of businesses by insolvency practitioners. Martin has extensive experience of multi-jurisdictional contentious insolvency proceedings, including freezing and recovering assets in various jurisdictions, including the US, Europe and Africa. Other recent work has seen Martin advising on the structuring of corporate voluntary arrangements; disputing and challenging CVAs; and advising a number of organisations, including a foreign governmental agency, on ROT issues relating to the transfer of goods subject to ROT through several jurisdictions.
Martin joined Wedlake Bell in 1987 as a Trainee Solicitor. He qualified in 1989 into the Commercial Litigation Team and developed a specialism in insolvency and restructuring. He then became a Partner in 1996 and was the head of the Insolvency and Restructuring team for 15 years. In 2011, Martin became the Senior Partner of the firm and later that year the Managing Partner – a position he has held for 5 years.
Association of Business Recovery Professionals (MABRP).
LLB Hons; Joint Insolvency Examination Board.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Real estate > Residential property
- Real estate > Commercial property: investment
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Equity capital markets - low-mid cap
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Senior executives
- Employment > Pensions (non-contentious)
- Real estate > Property litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- Employment > Employers
- Real estate > Property finance