James Robinson > Birketts LLP > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
141-145 Princes Street
- Go to...
James joined Birketts in 2002. He is a Partner in our property litigation team.
James deals with a wide range of property related disputes with a particular emphasis on commercial landlord and tenant issues. His experience includes all aspects of property litigation including lease renewals, dilapidations and repossession. James also has expertise in the complex law relating to the granting, or withholding of landlord’s consent and the operation of break clauses. James frequently acts for corporate landlords and tenants as well as developers. James has a particular interest in telecommunications and regularly advises landlords and operators on the application of the Electronic Communications Code.
James is a member of the Property Litigation Association.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
‘There is no better firm in East Anglia for property litigation‘, remarks a client of Birketts LLP, adding that it is ‘rare in providing a level of genuine specialist expertise which is usually only found in big commercial centres‘. Practice head Richard Eaton and key partner James Robinson , both based in Ipswich, and ‘determined litigator‘ John Scannell in Norwich are highly regarded practitioners. Their work encompasses telecom-related litigation, strategic land disputes, rights of light, leasehold enfranchisement, and town and village green matters. Senior associates Alice Harris and Laura Tanguay in Ipswich also play key roles in possession, cohabitee and TOLATA matters. Norwich-based senior associate and barrister Simon Woodhead focuses on surplus property matters.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping