Louise Long > Birketts LLP > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
141-145 Princes Street
- Go to...
Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate
Partner and Head of Private Client Advisory
Louise joined Birketts in October 2011 and is a Partner and Head Private Client Advisory across the 5 offices.
Louise specialises in private client work and acts for individuals in all areas of estate and succession planning, will drafting, trusts, administration of estates and tax planning. Louise graduated in law at Leicester University and completed her professional training at the College of Law in Guildford.
As well as acting for clients in East Anglia Louise has a number of clients further afield particularly in London where she has advised members of other solicitors firms who do not have their own private client department.
Louise is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners. Louise qualified as a Notary Public in 1998 and in this capacity is able to prepare and certify documents for use internationally.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The Ipswich office of Birketts LLP is a key hub in the firm’s cross-office private client advisory practice, which handles a diverse range of matters, among them business succession, trust administration, lifetime tax planning, wills, LPAs and Court of Protection matters. The firm has ‘an extremely knowledgeable and friendly team that compares very well to peers‘. Louise Long leads the practice across all five of the firm’s offices, and specialises in the administration of estates. Senior associates Rhiannon Russell and Jessica Godfrey-Withey ‘stand out for their client care and easy to explain manner with clients‘. Senior associate Katie Hawksley specialises in international private client matters.
Birketts LLP shows ‘a depth of technical ability and willingness to work together to meet the client needs and time frames‘. The firm handles the full range of private client work, including trust administration, succession planning, lifetime tax planning and employee ownership trusts, and its practice handles both domestic and international matters. Louise Long in Ipswich is head of wills and advisory, working closely with key partner Caroline Stenner in Cambridge. Also in Cambridge, newly promoted partner Rachel Winter is a key adviser to some of the firm’s biggest clients and senior associates Kimberly Sayward and James Marsh play pivotal roles in the practice. ‘They demonstrate a good level of personal service and ensure efficient and cost-effective resolutions‘, remarks one client.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge - East Anglia > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia - East Anglia > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping