James Dinwiddy > Birketts LLP > Ipswich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
141-145 Princes Street
- Go to...
James joined Birketts in 2003. He is a Partner in our Agriculture Team.
With 20 years’ experience as a property lawyer James now concentrates on advising farmers, landowners and agri-businesses as well as banks lending in the agricultural sector. He deals in particular with tenancies and the buying and selling of agricultural land. He has acted for a number of landowners in the disposal of land for development, whether outright or pursuant to options or conditional contracts. Amongst his clients there are several in the renewable energy sector, harvesting landfill gas or operating anaerobic digesters. James also buys and sells residential properties.
James is a member of the Suffolk Agricultural Association and the Agricultural Law Association.
Birketts LLP has a large agriculture and estate practice that is led by Chris Coupland in Norwich. He focuses on agricultural property matters including freehold sales and purchases, landlord and tenant matters and renewable energy projects. Also in Norwich, head of private client Jack Royall is a long-standing adviser to the farming community on property and succession planning matters, and up-and-coming partner Sophia Key is ‘exceptional in giving sound and practical advice that meets the client’s objectives‘. In Cambridge, Rachel McKillop-Wilkin in Cambridge and James Dinwiddy in Ipswich ‘understand the issues and are highly effective‘. Also in Ipswich, senior associate Tom Verrill is an agricultural property specialist.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping