John Scannell > Birketts LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
1 GILDERS WAY
- Go to...
Property Litigation, Social Housing
John joined Birketts in April 2006. He is a partner and heads the firm’s Property Litigation Team in Norwich.
John advises clients on a wide range of contentious property matters including: rent arrears; service charge disputes; disrepair and dilapidations; forfeiture of leases; enforcing freehold and leasehold covenants; insolvency-related property matters; business lease renewal; residential, commercial and agricultural security of tenure; possession, injunctions and specific performance; squatters; adverse possession; boundary disputes; contentious Land Registry proceedings and enforcing security over land. John acts for a wide range of corporate and private clients including property developers, commercial landlords and tenants, and social landlords.
John qualified in 1989 and worked as a non-contentious commercial property lawyer before becoming a commercial litigator with a particular interest in property disputes. Since 1998 he has practised almost exclusively as a property litigation specialist.
John is a member of the Social Housing Law Association and the Property Litigation Association.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
‘It supplies expertise of the sort found in the best London firms, but with the advantage that its people have the time to devote to your problems‘, say clients of Birketts LLP. The firm has a large property litigation practice that handles all matters ranging from leasehold enfranchisement, town and village greens, housing management litigation and much more. Richard Eaton in Ipswich is the lead partner in a team of 18 lawyers, in which James Robinson is a key adviser to the telecoms sector. John Scannell and employed barrister Simon Woodhead are the key practitioners in Norwich. Ipswich-based senior associate Laura Tanguay and Alice Harris are all central to the practice.
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Real estate > Property litigation
- Property litigation - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping