Melissa Loucas > Birketts LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
1 GILDERS WAY
- Go to...
Melissa joined Birketts in 2004. She is a Partner in our Commercial Property Team and is based in our Norwich office.
Melissa acts for a variety of corporate clients based both locally and nationally, ranging from landlords and tenants to occupiers and investors helping with both acquisitions, disposals and asset management.
Melissa also advises on the property portfolios of a regional police authority, an international provider of claims management solutions and for a company specialising in surplus property liability portfolios (assisting with rationalising and optimising these assets and liabilities).
She has particular expertise and interest in the motor industry having acted for clients in this sector for over ten years. As a result Melissa is familiar with the key commercial concerns for such businesses and has experience in dealing with legal issues specific to this area.
Melissa has a keen interest in training and is involved in the recruitment and mentoring of our trainees. She is also a member of our training board, responsible for property training initiatives including our junior solicitors’ training programme.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Birketts LLP is ‘highly approachable, with experts across all sectors‘. The Norwich office is a key pillar of the firm’s real estate practice that handles high-value transactions and projects regionally and nationwide. ‘Commercially focused and supportive‘ practice head Melissa Loucas has notable experience in the office and industrial sectors, and Cameron Barlow is the key partner in the firm’s real estate investment group. Chris Hoxley, who joined from Butcher Andrews, acts for regional housebuilders in matters ranging from site acquisitions to plot sales. Senior associate Andrew Ridout has experience in the landlord and tenant, retail, banking and real estate finance sectors, and Bhargav Trivedi leads the strategic land practice.
- Commercial property: Norwich - East Anglia > Real estate
- Leading individuals - East Anglia > Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping