Emily Groom > Birketts LLP > Norwich, England > Lawyer Profile
Birketts LLP Offices
1 GILDERS WAY
- Go to...
Emily joined Birketts in 2008. She is a Senior Associate in our Social Housing Team.
Emily acts for both housing associations and private house-builders in acquisition and disposals, development of and nominations to social housing and advising on social housing aspects of s106 Agreements.
Emily is also experienced in residential development, being well versed in all aspects of a development from acquisition, set up of sites and sales, to disposing of freehold investments for both private developers and housing associations.
Emily has niche knowledge of Shared Ownership, Shared Equity, Help to Buy and other low cost home ownership options, including specialist rural and retirement schemes. She has detailed knowledge of Right to Buy and Right to Acquire sales for housing associations and the social housing consents regime.
Emily also deals with charging of development sites and portfolios of social housing.
Emily studied law and politics at Cardiff University and on graduating, worked at Suffolk County Council for four years as a political researcher. She then began her training at a regional firm, completing her final month at Birketts and qualifying as a solicitor in September 2008. Emily became an associate in 2011 and has recently been promoted to senior associate.
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Birketts LLP in Norwich has a strong practice that frequently advises national and regional RPs and local authorities on a broad range of property and regulatory matters. ‘Highly efficient and effective‘ senior associate Emily Groom and associate Sarah Fish also play key roles in the practice. Clients value the firm’s ‘flexible approach, tailoring the service to meet individual project needs‘. Former practice head Peter Goddard retired in May 2021 following the firm’s hire of Jonathan Hulley from Capsticks LLP the previous year.
- Rising stars - East Anglia > Real estate > Social housing
- Social housing - East Anglia > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Cambridge
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Cambridge
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Real estate > Commercial property: Norwich
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Cambridge
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Norwich
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > General crime and fraud
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Cambridge
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: elsewhere in East Anglia
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Norwich
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- Transport > Transport and shipping