Ms Lesley Fairclough > Ward Hadaway > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Ms Lesley Fairclough
Partner, Head of Development
Lesley specialises in commercial property development work.
Since qualifying as a solicitor in 1992, Lesley has worked in the Commercial Property Team at Ward Hadaway dealing with all aspects of commercial property work, but in particular development work (residential, commercial and mixed use schemes) acting for both landowner and developer.
Lesley has over 27 years’ experience in development work and specialises in commercial and residential development including joint venture and regeneration projects and has co-ordinated several complex site assembly transactions.
She also acts in complex site disposals for clients, whether by option or outright sale or lease, many involving complex overage arrangements.
Lesley is also a Notary Public, enabling her to offer a range of services to clients concerned with international matters.
Lesley’s experience in commercial development projects has included supermarkets, retail parks, hotels, car showrooms, offices, business parks and retail warehousing.
Many such schemes now invariably involve significant mixed-use elements, complex site assembly and disposal issues.
Lesley has an 18-year track record in leading the Ward Hadaway multi-disciplinary team acting for a major UK supermarket chain on an exclusive basis in relation to many supermarket-led development schemes and retail parks throughout the whole of the northern area (from Scotland to Newark) as part of their ambitious expansion plans.
Well known for its housebuilding expertise, Ward Hadaway has also accrued significant experience across a broad range of areas including commercial development, landlord and tenant matters, and real estate finance. Lesley Fairclough acts for commercial and residential developers and jointly heads up the team with Robin Atkin, who specialises in planning. Heather Markham is regularly instructed by clients in the retail, industrial, leisure and charitable sectors. The team often acts in conjunction with the firm’s banking and construction groups in relation to real estate finance instructions; Simon Errington is recommended in this space.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in the North
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates