Mr Neil Robson > Ward Hadaway > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Neil Robson
Partner, Head of Property
Neil has been a solicitor for 30 years and is recognised as one of the country’s foremost planning lawyers.
Neil specialises in Planning and Development law on behalf of commercial clients and private individuals.
He is past president of Newcastle Law Society and was voted ‘Lawyer of the Year’ in the North East in 2010.
He sits on the North East Branch of the Country Land and Rural Association.
Neil has acted on numerous occasions in Town Planning and Compulsory Purchase Inquiries on behalf of developers, landowners and public sector organisations.
Clients he has advised include Newcastle Airport, Northumberland National Park, English Heritage, Northumbrian Water, The National Trust, the Duke of Northumberland, Barratt, Royal Navy, and Amec.
He has acted on numerous occasions as Advocate at Planning Inquiries on behalf of developers, landowners and public sector clients.
Neil specialises in planning aspects of Energy Law. Clients include residential and commercial developers, estates, retail operators, manufacturers, minerals operators and heritage bodies.
Neil has been referred to in RICS Guide to Legal Experts and in Planning magazine as one of the country’s leading planning solicitors.
He has been a member of the Law Society’s Planning and Environmental Law Committee.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Understanding the particular needs of private landowners, farmers, rural businesses, and financial organisations is a key strength of the team at Ward Hadaway. The firm also frequently assists land agents with taxation advice. Jointly heading up the practice are transactional expert Alex Cox; Stefan Bainbridge , who frequently acts for mineral owners in the negotiation of prospecting and option agreements, and the grant of leases; land use and planning adviser Neil Robson; and Andrew Facer, who deals with trust and asset protection issues.
- Leading individuals - North > Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Agriculture and estates - North > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in the North
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates