Mr Alex Cox > Ward Hadaway > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Alex Cox
Alex has a broad range of experience across all aspects of property work acting for developers, landowners, property investors and commercial owners and occupiers.
His main areas of work are:
commercial property acquisitions and disposals, investment and lettings;
dealing with the property aspects of energy projects;
advising on the environmental aspects of mining and minerals operations;
providing specialist advice on mines and mineral issues; and
advising on rural property transactions.
Alex also regularly advises on the property and environmental aspects of corporate and property finance transactions.
Over the course of his career, Alex has acted on a wide variety of development projects dealing with commercial, residential and mixed-use regeneration and development schemes as well of development projects in the natural resources/energy sectors.
He can provide advice on all property aspects of development projects and has particular experience of site acquisition and land assembly through conditional contracts, option agreements and planning promotion and collaboration agreements together with other development-related work such as development agreements, joint venture agreements, complex overage/clawback arrangements, development finance and ultimately the letting and disposal of completed developments.
Alex is also able to provide specialist advice on mineral ownership issues and their impact on development projects.
He has particular experience of acting on natural resources projects and in particular the property and environmental aspects of mining and quarrying operations, acting for landowners, developers and operators/end users.
Understanding the particular needs of private landowners, farmers, rural businesses, and financial organisations is a key strength of the team at Ward Hadaway. The firm also frequently assists land agents with taxation advice. Jointly heading up the practice are transactional expert Alex Cox; Stefan Bainbridge , who frequently acts for mineral owners in the negotiation of prospecting and option agreements, and the grant of leases; land use and planning adviser Neil Robson; and Andrew Facer, who deals with trust and asset protection issues.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in the North
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates