Ms Heather Markham > Ward Hadaway > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Ms Heather Markham
Heather is a Partner in the Development Team at Ward Hadaway.
Heather acts for commercial property clients, including developers, retailers and investors in connection with the acquisition, development and disposal of commercial property.
She has extensive experience of advising on a variety of complex retail developments including acquisitions involving conditional contracts, options, development agreements and overage.
She has advised clients on a diverse range of commercial property transactions, including office, retail, industrial and charitable/community use projects.
Her work also includes dealing with all aspects of leasehold arrangements including the initial grant, assignments, under-lettings, alterations and surrenders on behalf of landlords and tenants.
Heather also advises a broad range of charities in connection with their property portfolios and property matters generally.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Well known for its housebuilding expertise, Ward Hadaway has also accrued significant experience across a broad range of areas including commercial development, landlord and tenant matters, and real estate finance. Lesley Fairclough acts for commercial and residential developers and jointly heads up the team with Robin Atkin, who specialises in planning. Heather Markham is regularly instructed by clients in the retail, industrial, leisure and charitable sectors. The team often acts in conjunction with the firm’s banking and construction groups in relation to real estate finance instructions; Simon Errington is recommended in this space.
- Commercial property: Newcastle - North > Real estate
- Next Generation Partners - North > Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in the North
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates