Ms Robert Rushton > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Ms Robert Rushton
Robert is a Partner in the Healthcare team at Ward Hadaway.
He has experience in a wide range of areas in the clinical negligence sector and specialises in defending claims on behalf of the NHS Litigation Authority and NHS Trusts.
Robert advises on a broad spectrum of areas including head injury and neurosurgical claims, and obstetric claims including cases involving shoulder dystocia.
He also advises acute and mental health NHS Trusts in relation to inquests and also has experience of undertaking advocacy at inquests.
Robert is regularly involved in providing training talks to clients on a variety of legal issues.
Robert Rushton leads a large and dedicated health team at Ward Hadaway that acts for over 60 NHS organisations. It has considerable experience in court of protection cases. The group has particular expertise in issues such as applications in relation to providing, withdrawing or withholding treatment for both adults and children as well as serious medical treatment cases. It is also adept at advising on residence issues and care packages in addition to general mental health and mental capacity issues.
Ward Hadaway stands out for its ‘excellent team working across multiple specialist areas‘ and its ‘detailed knowledge of the sector‘. Experts in the group include Jeffrey Keeble, who has a wealth of experience defending the NHS in clinical negligence and personal injury cases; Nicola Richardson, who is the supervising partner on inquest cases; Melanie Pears, who is picked out as the ‘éminence grise of PFI‘; Stuart Craig, who leads on matters at the intersection of healthcare and employment law; and Saji Bratch, who handles work with a nexus to property issues. Liz Hackett and Robert Rushton are also much lauded by clients.
High value birth injury claims are a core focus for noted practitioners Jeffrey Keeble and Nicola Richardson at Ward Hadaway; both also act as nominated partners for key client NHS Resolution and are ‘interested in building relationships with the Trust’s claim team and the clinicians involved‘. Keeble and Richardson are capably supported by Gillian Muir, who brings 17 years of experience working on the claimant side to her current role; Robert Rushton, who has expertise in Court of Protection work; and Lisa Evans, who is an active member of the urgent response team (which advises on consent, confidentiality, capacity and mental health issues). Associate Andreja Begus Harrison is singled out as a ‘great fighter‘.
- Health - North > Public sector
- Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant - North > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates