Mr Damien Charlton > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Damien Charlton
Company & Commercial
Partner – Head of Commercial
Damien has been advising businesses on company and commercial matters for over 19 years.
He has wide-ranging experience in the drafting and negotiation of contracts. He has particular experience of outsourcing and other complex, long-term commercial arrangements.
Damien also heads up Ward Hadaway’s independent healthcare team, providing advice on a wide range of commercial issues to clients in the independent healthcare sector. He is a member of NASDAL, the National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers.
Damien provides advice to businesses that operate in a variety of sectors, including print and customer communications, oil and gas, healthcare, manufacturing and engineering.
Ward Hadaway LLP’s ‘dynamic, professional, helpful and solution-oriented‘ team is ‘extremely collaborative and acts as an extension of the in-house team’ when handling the full range of corporate and commercial mandates; Robert Thompson and Damien Charlton lead the corporate and commercial teams respectively. From a corporate perspective, the team is active across M&A transactions, restructurings, employee share incentives and shareholder agreements, while the commercial team is active in highly regulated sectors including the healthcare and transport industries. Former commercial group head Colin Hewitt also contributes to the practice, alongside funding expert Richard Butts, the ‘outstanding’ Tom Pollard and managing associate Clare French.
Ward Hadaway LLP’s team in Newcastle acts for both technology providers as well as public and private sector customers in technology agreements. In addition, they support clients with outsourcing, data protection and privacy issues, as well as representing them in IT disputes. Commercial disputes lawyer Tim Toomey is the key contact for the contentious side of the practice. Heading up the commercial practice is Damien Charlton . Judy Baker is praised for her ‘excellent in depth knowledge of data protection law’ while IT and IP expert Alex Shiel is highly experienced in the space.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
Ward Hadaway LLP regularly assists individuals and entrepreneurs, SMEs, owner-managed businesses, plcs, equity funders and debt providers in their corporate and commercial endeavours. It has know-how in several industry sectors, such as healthcare, technology, energy and manufacturing. Adrian Ballam is a corporate key contact. Jonathan Pollard advises both public and private companies. Robert Thompson and Damien Charlton in Newcastle lead the practice.
- Corporate and commercial: Newcastle - North > Corporate and commercial
- IT and telecoms - North > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation