Mr Damien Charlton > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Damien Charlton
Company & Commercial
Partner – Head of Commercial
Damien has been advising businesses on company and commercial matters for over 19 years.
He has wide-ranging experience in the drafting and negotiation of contracts. He has particular experience of outsourcing and other complex, long-term commercial arrangements.
Damien also heads up Ward Hadaway’s independent healthcare team, providing advice on a wide range of commercial issues to clients in the independent healthcare sector. He is a member of NASDAL, the National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers.
Damien provides advice to businesses that operate in a variety of sectors, including print and customer communications, oil and gas, healthcare, manufacturing and engineering.
Ward Hadaway’s corporate department is led by Robert Thompson and works seamlessly alongside the firm’s specialists in Leeds and Manchester. The full-service practice advises both public and private clients on M&A transactions and corporate reorganisations; it is a particularly suitable destination for instructions in the healthcare, waste and recruitment sectors. Katherine Hay-Heddle advises a mix of serial acquirers, large companies, start-ups and private equity houses. Further, Colin Hewitt heads up the firm’s dedicated commercial team, which specialises in the transport, energy and independent healthcare industries. The group has in-depth expertise in outsourcing agreements, with Damien Charlton being among the key contacts in this regard. Other key team members include M&A expert Tom Pollard and recently promoted managing associate Clare French.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Social housing
- Private client > Agriculture and estates