Mr Peter Hornsey > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Peter Hornsey
Partner – Head of Commercial Litigation
He has advised for over 20 years on a wide range of professional negligence, contractual and intellectual property disputes for individuals and businesses of all sizes. This includes shareholder and partnership issues, disputes involving restrictive covenants in employment contracts, cross-border patent disputes, fraud and defamation.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Ward Hadaway LLP’s ‘highly collaborative’ team is led by Peter Hornsey, who regularly acts in professional negligence, contract and IP disputes. The wider practice also counts corporate litigation, procurement disputes, financial litigation, shareholder claims, judicial reviews and insurance litigation among its areas of expertise. ‘Direct, straightforward and logical thinker’ Robert Glassford is a key name for public sector clients, Martin Woodford focuses on trust and contentious probate mandates, and Tim Toomey handles technology claims. Legal director Lucy Cleghorn ‘instils great confidence’.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
Ward Hadaway LLP handles shareholder, boardroom and share sale agreement disputes on a regular basis, and is particularly involved in disputes in the manufacturing, finance and technology sectors. Ian McCombie ‘has very sound legal judgment and commercial nous’, and the team added several individuals on the junior level. The practice is led by Peter Hornsey, who is based in Newcastle, and Emma Digby can also act in insolvency cases.
- Commercial litigation: Newcastle - North > Dispute resolution
- Leading individuals - North > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation