Mr Tim Toomey > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Tim Toomey
Tim advises on a wide range of commercial disputes, but has a particular expertise in high value professional negligence claims, including against solicitors, accountants, and insurance brokers; IT disputes and insurance disputes.
Although Tim has extensive trial experience, he is a firm believer and experienced in negotiating settlements, mediation, and other methods of commercial resolution, such as expert determination.
Ward Hadaway LLP’s team in Newcastle acts for both technology providers as well as public and private sector customers in technology agreements. In addition, they support clients with outsourcing, data protection and privacy issues, as well as representing them in IT disputes. Commercial disputes lawyer Tim Toomey is the key contact for the contentious side of the practice. Heading up the commercial practice is Damien Charlton . Judy Baker is praised for her ‘excellent in depth knowledge of data protection law’ while IT and IP expert Alex Shiel is highly experienced in the space.
Ward Hadaway LLP’s ‘highly collaborative’ team is led by Peter Hornsey, who regularly acts in professional negligence, contract and IP disputes. The wider practice also counts corporate litigation, procurement disputes, financial litigation, shareholder claims, judicial reviews and insurance litigation among its areas of expertise. ‘Direct, straightforward and logical thinker’ Robert Glassford is a key name for public sector clients, Martin Woodford focuses on trust and contentious probate mandates, and Tim Toomey handles technology claims. Legal director Lucy Cleghorn ‘instils great confidence’.
- Commercial litigation: Newcastle - North > Dispute resolution
- IT and telecoms - North > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation