Mr Robert Thompson > Ward Hadaway LLP > Newcastle upon Tyne, England > Lawyer Profile
Ward Hadaway LLP Offices
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
- Go to...
Mr Robert Thompson
Robert is a senior partner in the Corporate department, and advises UK-based and international clients on corporate transactions across a range of sectors, from manufacturing and engineering to aviation and education.
He has been a partner at Ward Hadaway for more than 20 years and has extensive experience of acquisitions, disposals, mergers, corporate structuring and reorganisations for public and private clients, as well as leading the firm’s membership of the Geneva Group International, the world’s leading international alliance of more than 400 independent professional organisations.
Robert is the General Editor of the leading practitioners’ guide “Sinclair on Warranties and Indemnities on Shares and Asset Sales” 9th Edition.
Robert is recognised by both clients and independent legal commentators as one of the leading corporate lawyers in the North East known, in particular, for his strong, practical and commercial approach.
He has a broad range of experience in managing and leading transactions of all sizes.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Ward Hadaway LLP’s ‘dynamic, professional, helpful and solution-oriented‘ team is ‘extremely collaborative and acts as an extension of the in-house team’ when handling the full range of corporate and commercial mandates; Robert Thompson and Damien Charlton lead the corporate and commercial teams respectively. From a corporate perspective, the team is active across M&A transactions, restructurings, employee share incentives and shareholder agreements, while the commercial team is active in highly regulated sectors including the healthcare and transport industries. Former commercial group head Colin Hewitt also contributes to the practice, alongside funding expert Richard Butts, the ‘outstanding’ Tom Pollard and managing associate Clare French.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
Ward Hadaway LLP regularly assists individuals and entrepreneurs, SMEs, owner-managed businesses, plcs, equity funders and debt providers in their corporate and commercial endeavours. It has know-how in several industry sectors, such as healthcare, technology, energy and manufacturing. Adrian Ballam is a corporate key contact. Jonathan Pollard advises both public and private companies. Robert Thompson and Damien Charlton in Newcastle lead the practice.
- Corporate and commercial: Newcastle - North > Corporate and commercial
- Hall of Fame - North > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Newcastle
- Real estate > Commercial property: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Newcastle
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Property litigation