Mr Marcus van Geyzel > Peter Ling & van Geyzel > Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia > Lawyer Profile
Peter Ling & van Geyzel Offices
B-19-4, TOWER B, NORTHPOINT OFFICE SUITES
MID VALLEY CITY, NO 1 MEDAN SYED PUTRA UTARA
59200 KUALA LUMPUR
- Go to...
Mr Marcus van Geyzel
Corporate and M&A, Labour and employment, Capital markets, Banking and finance
Marcus has over 14 years of experience in corporate and employment matters, and regularly advises clients across the Asia Pacific region.
Marcus is committed to being not just a legal adviser, but also developing a relationship as a trusted business partner and enabler. This synthesis of a practical approach and sound legal advice has earned him the trust of his clients.
Marcus is an experienced advisor on the full range of contentious and non-contentious employment-related legal issues, including advice, drafting, and negotiation in relation to —
- hiring strategies and employee structuring;
- employment contracts;
- employee handbooks and policies;
- handling of employee data under the Personal Data Protection Act;
- performance appraisals and reviews;
- disciplinary matters and internal investigations;
- retrenchment exercises and redundancies;
- employee issues in an asset/business sale;
- dismissals and termination of employment;
- mutual separation agreements; and
- claims including constructive dismissals and unfair dismissals.
Marcus also writes about legal, business, and a variety of other issues. His articles have been published in prominent print and online media. He is the co-founder of TheMalaysianLawyer.com, and author of the book “Law for Startups: What You Need to Know When Starting a Business”.
The Malaysian Bar, 2003
The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn, UK, 2002
Nottingham Law School, UK, Bar Vocational Course, 2002
University of Sheffield, UK, LL.B (Hons), 2001
Led by the ‘brilliant’ Marcus van Geyzel, the employment team at Peter Ling & van Geyzel is described as being ‘extremely responsive’ and ‘timely‘ in its delivery of service. With a portfolio that contains numerous blue chip clients such as General Electric, its recent work includes advice on the dismissal of senior personnel and the settlement of unfair dismissal claims.