Mr Chris Woodthorpe > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Chris Woodthorpe
Chris specialises in regeneration and affordable housing advising a range of public sector contracting authorities, registered providers, bidders, consortia, developers and contractors on real estate aspects of such projects. Chris is experienced in dealing with complex phased developments, acquisitions and disposals of development and non development sites, stock transfers, profit share arrangements, contractual joint ventures and conveyancing and title issues.
Chris regularly leads our client teams dealing with title review and certification in relation to PPP projects and has led on the real estate dimensions of PFI’s and PPP’s in various sectors including waste, leisure and housing. Chris is responsible for managing the firm’s relationship with the Homes and Communities Agency.
The local government department at Walker Morris LLP offers advice on the full range of public law issues, including governance, finance, state aid, procurement, real estate, development, planning, environment, employment, regulatory as well as waste, housing or leisure. The firm has longstanding relationships with over 100 authorities as well as public and private stakeholders, including government departments and agencies, NHS bodies and contractors. Ben Sheppard advises public and private sector clients on local government matters, including PPPs and public sector procurement. Chris Woodthorpe specialises in public sector real estate, acting on complex regeneration, development and housing transactions.
Walker Morris LLP provides advice across all stages of housebuilding and social housing projects, including the planning, financing and construction elements, related disputes and property management issues. The team counts a number of national housing associations as clients alongside developers and infrastructure funds, with public funding advice a growing part of the firm’s offering. The practice is led by Chris Woodthorpe who acts for housing providers, public sector bodies and developers on transactions and developments, while Karl Anders heads up the housing management and litigation team, advising landlords and associations on a number of regulatory issues.
- Local government - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
- Social housing - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property