Mr Chris Woodthorpe > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Chris Woodthorpe
Chris specialises in regeneration and affordable housing advising a range of public sector contracting authorities, registered providers, bidders, consortia, developers and contractors on real estate aspects of such projects. Chris is experienced in dealing with complex phased developments, acquisitions and disposals of development and non development sites, stock transfers, profit share arrangements, contractual joint ventures and conveyancing and title issues.
Chris regularly leads our client teams dealing with title review and certification in relation to PPP projects and has led on the real estate dimensions of PFI’s and PPP’s in various sectors including waste, leisure and housing. Chris is responsible for managing the firm’s relationship with the Homes and Communities Agency.
Ben Sheppard and Chris Woodthorpe lead the local government practice at Walker Morris LLP, which is best known for its expertise in state aid and public procurement, as demonstrated by its appointment to Crown Commercial Services and work with the NHS Shared Business Services and Homes England. Sheppard specialises in PPP, PFI, outsourcing contracts and grant funding, while Woodthorpe is a go-to for regeneration, development, housing and asset management transactions. Consultant David Kilduff is also of note.
Walker Morris LLP has a longstanding relationship with Homes England, often advising on development, asset management and funding schemes. The practice handles the full gamut of housing services, encompassing landlord and tenant, housing management and regulatory compliance and litigation. Karl Anders acts for social and private sector landlords in housing management and litigation, which is complemented by Chris Woodthorpe‘s asset management and development work.
- Local government - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
- Social housing - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property