Mr Ben Sheppard > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Ben Sheppard
Energy, Infrastructure & Government
Ben is a projects lawyer with over ten years’ experience advising public and private sector clients on projects and commercial contracts. Ben has advised extensively in the leisure sector and more recently has specialised in waste, energy from waste and anaerobic digestion projects, advising on some of the largest and most complex waste projects in recent years.
Ben is a partner in the Firm’s Energy, Infrastructure & Government Group and also leads the Team’s work in the anaerobic digestion sector.
Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
Walker Morris LLP draws expertise from its real estate, projects, construction and finance departments to handle national, low-carbon infrastructure projects for public and private clients. Practice head Ben Sheppard has extensive experience advising on waste and energy-from-waste projects, while Jules Harbage recently assisted with the engineering contracts for energy and gas storage projects. Gwendoline Davies focuses on energy litigation, notably acting for renewable energy providers in damages claims. The team also advises on rail and housing projects. Judith Pike is also a key name to note.
The local government department at Walker Morris LLP offers advice on the full range of public law issues, including governance, finance, state aid, procurement, real estate, development, planning, environment, employment, regulatory as well as waste, housing or leisure. The firm has longstanding relationships with over 100 authorities as well as public and private stakeholders, including government departments and agencies, NHS bodies and contractors. Ben Sheppard advises public and private sector clients on local government matters, including PPPs and public sector procurement. Chris Woodthorpe specialises in public sector real estate, acting on complex regeneration, development and housing transactions.
- Local government - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
- Infrastructure and energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property