Mr Richard Sandford > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr Richard Sandford
Richard is well-known in the marketplace and has many years’ experience acting on behalf of banks, building societies and asset finance companies. His expertise covers all aspects of litigation, including secured and unsecured debt recovery, operational loss issues, satisfactory quality claims, title disputes, guarantees, mortgages, and professional negligence claims. He is recommended by clients for his innovative approach and excellent problem solving skills, and is noted as someone who takes the time and trouble to understand the client’s team and what they are trying to achieve, and is a calming influence when litigation gets heated.
Richard is described in the Legal 500 Guide to the Legal Profession as “extremely able and robust” and “the members of his Banking Dispute Resolution Team are of the highest calibre, and really know their stuff”.
Walker Morris LLP‘s expertise spans numerous sectors and the team acts in disputes involving accountants, solicitors and architects. The practice is also frequently instructed in claims arising from leasehold disputes, including claims where the title to a property is unsecured or there is a challenge to the value of the lender’s security. Gwendoline Davies, Paul Hargreaves, Nick Lees, Louise Power, Richard Sandford, Martin Scott and Malcolm Simpson collectively lead the team and are key practitioners. Andrew Beck became a consultant in 2019.
Walker Morris LLP‘s banking and finance litigation group is particularly known for its expertise in mortgage-related disputes, with experience in debt recovery, professional negligence and fraud-related matters. The one-office practice has an impressive national presence and experience in handling cross-border matters. ‘Top-level banking litigation partner‘ Louise Power leads the team, which includes Richard Sandford, who has a broad banking litigation practice. Andrew Beck, who leads the fraud investigations team, and ‘up and coming director‘ Sandip Singh have particular experience in mortgage fraud and professional negligence claims.
- Professional negligence: claimant - Yorkshire and the Humber > Insurance
- Banking litigation - Yorkshire and the Humber > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property