Mrs Jo Ratcliffe > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mrs Jo Ratcliffe
Partner and Head of Pensions
Jo is widely recognised for her knowledge of pensions and advises both companies and trustee boards. She is a member of the North East Group of the Association of Pension Lawyers and was formerly chair of the North West Association of Pension Lawyers. She is an elected member to the Association of Pension Lawyers Committee on public sector pensions. Jo has been ranked as a leading pension lawyer in Chambers Guide to the UK Legal Profession and Legal 500 since 2000.
She has in depth experience of advising both employers and trustees on all types of pensions law including amendments, restructuring, winding up, Pensions Ombudsman claims, outsourcing and PFI, mergers and acquisitions.
Jo acts as lead adviser for a range of pension clients, from FTSE 100 to smaller companies.
She moved to Walker Morris from Addleshaw Goddard where she was head of pensions in Manchester. The reason she chose Walker Morris is because of its unique culture in that partners are expected to actually do the work.
Head of the pensions group Jo Ratcliffe advises clients on a range of matters, such as restructurings, outsourcings and mergers. She is a top choice for clients in both public and private sectors, with sources describing her as “technically very good, incredibly committed, tenacious and practical.”
With a client roster comprising national employers and trustees, Walker Morris LLP’s pensions practice handles the breadth of contentious and non-contentious issues. Recent engagements for practice head Jo Ratcliffe have involved GMP equalisation, revisions of scheme deeds and rules, audits of historical errors, buyins and buyouts and transactional due diligence. Director Ruth Bamforth leads on bulk transfer projects for defined contribution plans. Commercial litigation head Gwendoline Davies defended a high-value pensions claim for a pensions administrator concerning scheme management and investment.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Public sector > Health
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Environment
- Employment > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure and energy
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property