Mr David Kilduff > Walker Morris LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Walker Morris LLP Offices
33 Wellington Street
- Go to...
Mr David Kilduff
Energy, Infrastructure & Government
Partner and Head of Energy, Infrastructure & Government
David leads the Energy, Infrastructure & Government Group at Walker Morris which brings together a multi-disciplinary team that has an in-depth knowledge of the issues in their sectors.
He is a nationally recognised leader in the field of public sector commercial law, experienced in advising both public and private sector parties and funders on all forms of commercial contracting. This includes major projects (particularly accommodation and infrastructure projects), procurement, vires and governance issues. David draws on 25 years’ expertise advising on complex, high risk and high value assignments whilst maintaining pragmatism and a commercial outlook.
David is recognised as a leading individual in Chambers Guide to the Legal Profession and attracts praise from clients for being “very good at planning, thinking and looking at things from all angles.”
Walker Morris LLP‘s client base spans housing associations, local authorities, registered providers, contractors, arms-length management organisations and finance clients. The team regularly assists with development and construction transactions, procurement work, joint ventures, housing regulation, housing management, disputes, affordable housing disposals and finance work. Chris Woodthorpe leads the department, which also includes Karl Anders, who heads up the housing management and litigation team; and public sector expert David Kilduff.
Walker Morris LLP counts more than 100 authorities across the UK as clients, and also acts for public and private companies operating in the local government sector, including NHS bodies, registered providers, utility companies, funders and contractors. David Kilduff, Ben Sheppard and Chris Woodthorpe jointly lead the practice; Kilduff handles projects and procurement work, Sheppard specialises in energy-from-waste projects and Woodthorpe focuses on real estate issues.
Walker Morris LLP‘s cross-departmental practice counts government departments, NHS trusts, care home and care village providers and private sector companies as clients. The group also advises on medical device issues, restructurings and insolvencies, and regulatory mandates. Jo Stephenson heads up the group, which also includes commercial specialist David Kilduff, regulatory lawyer Stuart Ponting, Jeremy Moore, who handles real estate work; and competition expert Trudy Feaster-Gee, who is experienced in the healthcare, pharmaceuticals and life sciences sectors.
Walker Morris LLP fields practitioners from multiple departments to handle matters in the rail, highways, energy, waste, utilities, education, leisure and telecoms sectors. Clients include local authorities, utility companies, power companies, developers, constructors, technology providers and funders. David Kilduff jointly leads the group with energy-from-waste project specialist Ben Sheppard; Gwendoline Davies focuses on contentious work, Jules Harbage handles construction matters and Judith Pike specialises in funding energy sector work.
Walker Morris LLP‘s expertise is focused around waste matters, including energy-from-waste projects, anaerobic digestion matters and bio-resources projects. The group’s clients span public sector bodies, utilities and project companies, developers, technology providers, subcontractors and funders. David Kilduff and Ben Sheppard jointly lead the group; Kilduff focuses on project work and Sheppard handles energy-from-waste matters. Gwendoline Davies is the key name for contentious work, Jules Harbage handles construction-related matters and Judith Pike focuses on real estate issues.
- Local government - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
- Social housing - Yorkshire and the Humber > Real estate
- Energy - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
- Health - Yorkshire and the Humber > Public sector
- Infrastructure - Yorkshire and the Humber > Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Commercial property: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Leeds, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Public sector > Local government
- Human resources > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence: claimant
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment: Leeds and West Yorkshire; North Yorkshire
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Energy
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Projects, energy and natural resources (including PFI) > Infrastructure
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property